Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Week of Disgrace and Shame

I don't know about you but I was in shock at the news of Matt Lauer's firing. I always knew (via the tabloids) that he wasn't the best husband-but propositioning staffers and assaulting them wow.  I  think about disgrace and shame a lot.  Having been a HR officer in the 1980's was very different than the HR departments of the millennium.  I feel guilty that I did not do more to protect the women at the various organizations I worked for. Mind you no one ever came to me and said that they were assaulted but many said that men in higher positions flirted with them excessively.

I have spent the good part of today thinking about Savannah Guthrie's comment "how do you reconcile the behavior of someone you care about who has behaved so badly."  Where do you start?  I have been in the position of shame at a few points in my life-I can tell you that it takes many years for people to regain your trust. Some people show forgiveness and others can't  let it go-ever! Actions speak louder than words.  No written or apology works. It takes years of action .  How do you feel about this topic?

4 comments:

  1. You know what? I really like your posts. I wander on the internet to find something new or unique. And I see your articles. I decided to linger at your site and read more and more. I hope that you can upload new posts. I will be the first one to read them. Thanks a million
    y8 online for free
    kizi.land
    gogygame

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things here. Most of the links are useful and provides easy way to create quality links. It obvious that for ranking a site we need good quality back links and this list helps a lot for this purpose
    Gelf || Howdy Christmas || Beat Racer Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
    free game online
    jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2player free
    friv play
    jogos io online
    this is truly decent to read..informative post is great to read..thanks a considerable measure! I haven't any word to welcome this post.....Really i am inspired from this post....the individual who make this post it was an awesome human..thanks for imparted this to us

    ReplyDelete